Hello all.

I am the owner/publisher of www.globalincidentmap.com - noted traffic to my site coming from here so I came to see what it was.

Thanks Bill, for linking to us.

While the public version of the site does not have much analytical use, we can create custom versions that do. We have been creating custom versions of the map for leo/gov/mil users that do different things. Whether a military joint op center just wants a version that displays nicely 'up on the wall', or someone wants a version that can create reports, its not too difficult to do.
We recently added a search feature that lets users create reports based on searching our database by date, location, incident type, or any combination.

On request from more than one military outfit we are currently building a system that doesnt rely on human hand-jabbed data, but instead goes out and scours the net for terrorism related news items automatically, using sets of rules.

The public version is limited, but the same system can be used, and is being used, by a growing number of law enforcement, government, and military organizations. And it can do alot more than what you see on the public version. While I garnered some inspiration from the RSOE Hungarian map, the maps are indeed very different in terms of content and functionality.

A good example of an expanded system would be something like this - every military intel analyst we have could have their own map for tracking their own incidents, and all of those maps could 'talk' to eachother displaying all of the aggregate data from all the individual analysts. Then you can add whatever reporting or analytical modules you need to evaluate the data as a whole.

One railway police user is taking it a step futher, such that the mapping system becomes more of an incident management system - allowing first responders to add comments to an incident indicating what they are seeing on the ground and what resources they need, and the ability to chat with their centers via the map system. They had us add a display of all the various types of rail cars with images so they could easily identify which rail cars might have hazmat threats from chemicals and such. They hope to get all of the railroads to use the system to share incident data amongst themselves. The system is really only limited by ones imagination.

The beauty of the system we have now is that its flexible, and cheap. It uses Googlemaps now but can work practically any GIS system that accepts lat/long coordinates. It certainly can be modified to output its data into whatever format your existing analytical tools require. Its cheap enough that I built it having no funding from anyone whatsoever. And apparently its useful, 27% of our web traffic comes from .mil domains, and 6% from .gov domains.

I would love to hear from you folks with your ideas and suggestions on how we can make it a better & more useful project, and would welcome any requests for custom versions that do different things. To date all of the custom versions we have built have been completed at no charge to the user.
If any of you are in the Arlington VA area I'll be up there this week and would be happy to discuss the system, have been invited to the Pentagon to discuss military use of the mapping system.

All the best,
Morgan Clements
Publisher GlobalIncidentMap.com / TerroristWarning.com /TransitSecurityReport.com
news@terroristwarning.com