I would defer to Ken's supreior experience (that was delicately put don't you think) wrt psyche and tendencies...

I would defer to Ron's experiences wrt cultural understanding...

I do, however, have some feel for capabilities, terrain, etc regarding the prospects for combat on the frozen chosen...

My greatest apprehension while serving thinking about combat operations in Korea was not the indirect fires (although impressive and certainly capable of wrecking death and destruction) - we have an idea how to systematicly take that down... ROK Arty and our ability to execute counter-fire fight isn't a joke either...

The hordes of NK light infantry and special operaters is also worrisome and would certainly creat a degree of havoc before they were hunted down... or stopped at the local grocery store to fill their bellies...

No what really worried me was that they might figure out how to provoke the South into attacking the North... the tyranny of terrain, UGF/Harts, and non-existent road infrastructure is some scarry business... especially if they haven't already shot their load on an attack...

Agree with Ken... this is almost certainly sabre rattling for the sake of leverage to preclude the implosion someone else mentioned...

In a very perverse way, I miss the hours worked and rigor of live above the no smile line...

Live well and row