Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Watters View Post
As the author of the linked article, thank you for the plug. With the 5.56mm Timeline, I'm not trying to reach any conclusions. It is meant merely as a historical record of events. When I state the findings and conclusions from a specific report, I am merely repeating what was written by the authors of that report. Everything that I use is open source, although it is not always easily found. I prefer to go back to the primary sources where ever possible. Things can get twisted as they are repeated by successive authors. Of the secondary sources, I trust Ezell and McNaugher as they worked from archival documents and started early enough to interview most of the participants while they were still alive and had reasonably fresh memories of the events.

I have been working on the Timeline for 10 years, and it is currently just shy of 600 pages in length. It really couldn't be published anywhere other than the Net as I have no pretty pictures, and the subject matter is often too esoteric to be of broad interest. However, by being on the Net, I have no constraints as to length. For instance, the publisher of the recent book "American Rifle" demanded that the author's lengthy bibliography be left out in order to save pages, and thus, reduce printing costs.

If anyone has other original documents and sources that they'd like to provide or recommend, I'd gladly take a look.
I researched the web for the best resource that I could fine that did all that could be done to answer the questions of when and why without being filled with holes caused by classified matterials and didn't have an agenda such as the 6.8 SPC vs 6.5 Grendel. I'm so glad that you put forth so much work. I hope it's okay but I've pointed many people towards your sight. Never had a complaint yet.

The fact that your work is was so specific and knowledgeable, its length was a plus. It tells some uncomfortable facts to those who would argue from any point. But in the same breath, I think your site would clear up so many misconceptions that almost any of us have.

Thank you...