Someone way smarter than me once said:

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

-Ecclesiastes 1:9

If we could just stay current on all of the smart stuff that has been figured out over the years, and avoid all the well-traveled pitfalls! This is one that is coming around again. At the end of the day its just a snappy slogan, but hopefully it helps us rebalance a governmental approach that has trended far too heavily toward the military of late.

But then I guess we wouldn't be human if we always did the right or smart thing. As to the 4th D, I wish that is one band wagon we would have never gotten on. Democracy is a great form of government, but it is patently un-American to promote ANY single form of government. Self-determination leads to all kinds of messes, but it beats any situation that someone elses forces upon you.

"Self-determination is defined as free choice of one’s own acts without external compulsion; and especially as the freedom of the people of a given territory to determine their own political status or independence from their current state. In other words, it is the right of the people of a certain nation to decide how they want to be governed without the influence of any other country."

What could be more American than standing up for the right of people everywhere to enjoy what we demanded for ourselves?