From the John Robb - "Global Guerrillas Chimes In" post earlier...

... but not here - so go here - Strategy wars: Lots of discussion of Kilcullen.

Council member ZenPundit also addresses this thread here - Debating Counterinsurgency.
Robb takes more than a few liberties in claiming intellectual property rights on COIN related issues. Looks like a hurt ego is the crux of his post. Kilcullen on the other hand has a genuine interest in our "boots on the ground".

You be the judge on what Robb has to say in his blog entry.

...it's interesting to see how Kilcullen is drawing from the pool of theory very similar to global guerrillas.

<snip>

Anyway, its flattering that this guy is repurposing ideas I've already explored (he is not a plagiarist by any measure!). The only problem is that since he is merely repackaging it, he seems to lack the intuitive grasp necessary to translate it into viable strategy. As a result, his counter-insurgency recommendations are bland gruel of little import.
As an endnote - Robb has this to say about FM's continuing fixation on Dave's works:

Fab, you did a great job kicking the crap out of the 28 articles. Bravo.
Once again our theorists know better than our guys who are living and breathing this stuff. I would not take so much exception to Robb - except - well - he seems to be wrapped up into himself and not a player when push comes to shove.

I am one "knuckle-dragger" that would go to war with Kilcullen.