Thread: Law and the Long War

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
    Rifleman,

I suspect that the British soldiers action was influenced by the Common law offence of Assisting an Offender (incorporated into statute in 1967) and the wife's refusal to help may have enabled her arrest. Post-VE day the situation in Germany was hardly normal and some form of emergency or military law was available.

Since 1967 additional offences have appeared in statute regarding terrorism notably e.g. failing to report etc.

I am not a lawyer and Schmedlap's example is set in 1945, before my arrival.

davidbfpo
    Not sure of the statute but sounds like giving aid and comfort to the enemy, which is certainly grounds for detention.

At the state level as far as LE the statutes concerning aiding and abedding a fugitive, would be grounds for detention. I would also look at taking her into protective custody because she may be a material witness to the planning of major felonies or acts of war. Then probably the most overlooked......Conspiracy Laws....... most states have them....which is the reason that many Conspiracies are very real

Here is one of the most brillant legal minds I know.....shows the entire legal mind thinking process where it concerns danger.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjsGRDeOS0I
    Last edited by slapout9; 07-14-2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: add stuff