instead of insulting me and calling what I say nonsense, or at least in addition to insulting me, then why don't you explain how ill-informed I am. Sensitive because contracting dollars are lining your pockets? I have seen it in action, and I also know contractors who admit as much. Contractors (the companies) are businesses and if they do not justify their continued utility to the DoD, and also the expansion of their scope of work, then they are not going to survive. It makes business sense for them to be selling themselves. It also leads to bloat when no one in the DoD bureaucracy cuts the fat, or at least weeds out what we need from what we don't.

Furthermore, some of the mechanisms through which the military is contracting out programs that are "urgent" leads to excesses, poorly written statements of work, and generally a lot of money wasted for not a lot of results.

I am not a defense industry or defense acquisitions expert, but don't hide behind your huffy insults. Explain how I am off base.