You are being far to defensive, taking this far too personally, and not reading my posts carefully. Calm yourself down. And, by the way, I don't need your free advice to know to stay out of the world of acquisitions. This is not an acquisitions discussion board, and many of the people here have seen the ugly end results of poor acquisitions management on the DoD side and unscrupulous contractors on the commercial side. You need to understand that in order to realize that I don't have to have a Masters or PhD in acqusitions or contract management to have a voice. If you had opened your input in this discussion with something other than, "You should probably learn at least a little bit about how the defense industry operates before writing such slanderous nonsense," then maybe we'd be having a less adversarial conversation and I'd have more respect for you point of view. As it is, I still have responded to your posts with logical explanations of my position, rather than insults.

First off, look back at my last post. When I said "contractors" up front, I specified "speaking of the companies more than the individuals." In a number of places, I spoke to the profit motive and stated that it was rational (actually I should have said necessary) behavior in the business world. A company that doesn't want to make a profit is like an animal that won't eat. Its not long for this world. Now, with regard to the individuals, I know that they are under intense pressures from the companies to make this profit. I understand that not caving in to such pressures can mean not putting food on the table of your family. I also understand that poorly written, sourced, and executed contracts, for all the reasons I've laid out above, can lead to human wreckage. I've also said that there is plenty of blame to go around, some of it individual, much more of it institutional.

It all comes down to the fact that a profit-motivated world is dealing with a world that does not live and die by profits, and therefore, the relationship is unequal and leads to, let's say, inefficiencies in sterile terms.