Thread: Is an insurgent an insurgent?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default From my armchair ...

on the tennis court mid-line at the net, I'd say that the two of you (Wilf and Slap) are discoursing at cross-purposes.

In all wars (armed conflicts), we have on-going the Political Struggle and the Military Struggle. See chart attached. CvC wrote of the Military Struggle, but certainly recognized the existence of the Political Struggle - and that the latter's objective determined the strategy of the Military Struggle.

If the discourse is about who is in charge of each struggle, that is another kettle of fish. Since we (UK and US) do not have political commisars, that issue cannot be resolved as easily as it was in Zhivago:

Liberius: I could have you taken out and shot!

Razin, Liberius' Lieutenant: And could you have The Party taken out and shot? Understand this: as the military struggle draws to a close, the political struggle intensifies. In the hour of victory, the military will have served its purpose - and all men will be judged POLITICALLY - regardless of their military record! Meanwhile, there are still White units in this area - the Doctor stays.
    For us, a civil-military committee perhaps ?
    Attached Images Attached Images