Quote Originally Posted by Uboat509 View Post
It is as foreign a culture to them as the military culture would be to the average civilian. I have known more than one DA civilian who first had a civilian job but couldn't stand working with civilians and spent all of their time trying to find a DOD job that allowed to work in a military environment again.
I'm living it right now. On my last job, during the interview, the interviewer stated that the job could be stressful and asked me how I would cope. How do you answer that without coming off as cocky or condescending? I still don't know, so I opted for cocky.

I got the job and stuck with it through the initial term, but just didn't like working in an office, didn't like working with civilians, and politely declined to remain after the initial term. My impression is that I wouldn't like civilian work outside of an office either. With a bunch of deployments under my belt (and the gobs of money that I had no choice but to save) I figure that I don't need to work, so I don't. Finish school, go back in the Army. That's the plan. Hopefully the cash doesn't run out before then because I really hate working civilian jobs.