"An Insurgent, A Ranger, and a Gang member walk into a bar..."

I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere, but I'm not laughing. Many things look similar on their face, many of these things also perform similar functions. If you want to somehow employ these things to do some similar task, then that may well work out.

But, and this is the critical element I suspect of BW analysis: If you want to make one of these things either go away or become unnecessary/irrelevant you must focus on why they exist and target that causation.

We recognize that as part of the empowering of non-state actors and populaces in general by the new information age that we are in; that criminal non-state actors are increasing in their resilance and ability to compete with formal governemmts in meeting needs of the populaces they emerge from; just as politcially motivated non-state actors are. On their face, this is a very similar phenom; and they both create major challenges to the formal governances that they challenge and compete with.

However, I have not been swayed by brothers Slap and Marc that becasue a criminal gang often looks and acts much like a political insurgency that they should be engaged with the same solution set any more than I have been swayed by brother WILF that because the same similarities exist between interstate military forces and intrastate insurgents that they should be addressed similarly as well.

I recognize why those beliefs are logical, I just believe they are flawed as they focus on capability and function over causation and purpose.