Quote Originally Posted by Dr. C View Post
The purpose of the inquiry to a core group isn't to discover "best practices" but to articulate ideas about the future. Collison and Parcell (2004) in their knowledge management book, Learning to Fly, regard best practices as commonly "not transferable and slavishly adopting that practice could, and has lead to, worse results" (p. 99).
Well my take on "best practice," is "stuff known to work". Vauban gathered and wrote down "best practice" in Siege Warfare. Given circumstances we can give specific advice. Given general conditions we can also give general advice as to successful approaches. Most/Some Armies seem to have emotional and cultural needs that prevent them capturing that. If the AI approach can identify the reasons why folks cannot solve the problem, I'm all for it.
I'm not sure what is meant by "data free opinion," since data also comes in the form of stories, which may include opinion.
Well if stories and opinions counts as data, that maybe part of the problem! . Does evidence free sound better?
Example: "Foot Drill creates discipline and teamwork" is often stated as fact, in the face of very little actual evidence.