Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
+1 on the "Brig Rat". This almost always improves the breed. I had several in my CAV Troop, and this was a win-win. You saved the "rat" and improved the organization at the same time.

I write "White Noise" for a living and the biggest problem with this is breaking it down into small enough pieces to give it value. I'm convinced that in 4GW, a competent RPG from pre-computer times would make a decent General.
Agree completely, 120mm. You can do a great deal with the older games, including modifying them to suit your needs. Brig Rats are naturals at the "white noise" and "wrench in the machine" things, stuff that you need to accurately simulate what folks will encounter in the field. That's one of the beauties of a good RPG system: it allows you to add in just about anything you want. It does require good control staff, but that can be "grown" fairly easily with some time and effort. I've known lots of servicemembers who game...often they just need a little encouragement to come out in the open.