Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
Concur. Apology if I seemed unreasonable - not my intent.
No problem. Me no native speaker

a.) Who is still in Power?
b.) Was it that she was killed, or that the killing was filmed?
c.) There is virtually none/if any live footage of any atrocity in Darfur. Any less relevant for the lack of footage?
You are right I should have written Iran instead of Am'jad. The fact it was shown all around the world which counts. And yes the reason why Darfur continues is that there are no videocameras not to mention mobilphones around. The are rumours of a NATO mission there for more than TWO years!! yet for lack of media coverage it is still not launched.

Maybe so. That is not a military problem. It is entirely diplomatic/political. Lack of funds is only relevant if it prevents a military acquiring resources. Resources - fuel, ammunition, weapons and manpower are still useable even if the economy has been wiped out. Men with guns will always predate men with bank accounts, and no guns.
I believe there are less and less solely military problems. Men with guns are a tactical problem not strategic so to say. Just like Taiko you seem think that force (pphysical or muilitary) has a solution to any problem. I am not so sure about it. You cannot bomb a stock exchange or trade center for acquiring a company of your no matter how sneaky methods they used.

Really? Where is the evidence? Going out of Fashion for who, when and where?
C'mon Wilf fashion is what you see everyday on the streets. War in our countries -even in Israel thank God- is less and less commonplace.

Noble said Dynamite would end warfare. Historically the vast majority of predicted RMAs have failed. I can cite you many many examples and they far outnumber the RMAs that were actually predicted and actually came to pass. War Show me a major Military development in the last 15 years, that has caused seismic shifts in military affairs?
All we have seen is strategic developments. The applications of force which worked in 1994 still work today.
Concur, yet what I am talking about is not a military phenomenom. It is in the system supporting, underlying it. Society, economy, politics.

Any point in looking more than 15 years into the future?
No. Still have not found my crytsal ball yet.