I strongly suspect that perspectives on this very much depend on where one sits, or which shop one works in. I also suspect there is also a lack of consensus as to what strategic intel looks like, what time frames it ought to address, and whether it is actually much use. (I can think of a number of folks who would argue that, warning aside, it is actually not very useful at all.)

I can't comment on the down-in-the-weeds immediate threat material because I don't dealt with it. There is, however, a massive amount of medium term assessment (6-12 months), which addresses the full range of significant political, security, socioeconomic, ideological, and other trends. It is also typically pretty good in terms of accuracy--one recent unclassified calibration study of Canadian intel product found a 90%+ predictive accuracy rate.

In my experience, although this stuff is good building-block material for broader strategic planning, policy-makers rarely use it in that way, nor do they want product that looks much beyond the medium term, nor are they banging down anyone's door demanding strategic intel product.