Thread: The Men Who Stare at Goats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
    So staring at a goat, in a intense fashion, can distress the goat to the degree where it's heart rate increases? I think I can do that.

Alternatively, if the heart rate decreases perhaps the goat was merely getting bored!!
    Savelli had a stare that would probably make Rasputin whimper.
    He had a whole strange para-psychological/spiritual methodology behind the "Death Stare" that if I recall correctly could only be utilized with a strong moral rationale. This was many, many years ago, so my memory may be faulty. He was a scary guy. I'm sure he's having conniptions over this movie.
    Last edited by Corto; 11-03-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Council Member

Default Related discussion ....

is in the MindWar thread here at SWC from Jan 2009.

There is also an on-going "discourse" at Professional Soldiers, involving a former ASA guy and the SF folks there (arising out of the ASA guy's comments to the media re: the movie and that he was in Special Forces). That led me to a Remote Viewing webpage (Mr Wheaton's), which defines that as:

Remote Viewing is the trained ability to acquire accurate direct knowledge not available to the ordinary physical senses, of things and events or 'targets' — distant in time or space, in the past, present, or future.

Originally developed for and utilized by The Department Of Defense for intelligence collection purposes with the famed 'Stargate' project, it has a long history (30+ years) as an intelligence gathering tool.
    Since I am lucky or unlucky enough to have an ASA vet in house (no, he does not claim to have been in Special Forces), I asked him what he thought of "Remote Viewing" (as viewed by Mr Wheaton et al). "You gotta be kidding."

Now, I have to get back to concentrating on the next judge I want to influence - already know what he thinks he wants to decide.

Cheers

Mike