Thread: More training, less parading urged.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Stan,

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Reber View Post
    Good Evening Marc !
    Oddly enough, I recently had a strange conversation (actually several emails) with a relatively young soldier perplexed about his boss. I intend to keep both names out of this.

It took me several hours to think over my response. Although I've been retired for nearly a decade, I have not forgotten nor neglected what I was taught and when said lessons were appropriate (in the form of advice), etc.

Yes, Marc, it's going to get more confusing, but you somehow already knew that

I only know one of the them, but I chose to remain somewhat neutral with my response. Rather, I decided to tell the other what our primary responsibilities are, be it Drill and Ceremony with accompanied boredom at post, or abroad with upheaval and hostility, where we are at times measured as individuals, but still very much team members.

I believe the other used the term "not this cat" in his response.

I will PM you and you decide. I am more than interested and value your opinion (go figure !).

Regards, Stan

Damn, Stan! Keep his up and they may cal you back as an officer! Sure, I'll wait for you pm.

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/

As preparation for an OIF deployment, I recently spent a couple of weeks at 89th RRC's Pre-Command Course. 1/3d of the time there was spent on D&C, the rest on stateside, administrative bull####.

The entire 89th RRC, except for the headquarters, which dreamed up this course, has been deployed at least once for OIF. These guys are in "Condition White" permanently.