Hey Marc,

One final point - the name. Now, this may just be a pet rock of mine (to grab Steve's term) but, as a Canadian nationalist, I really dislike he CONUS part of the acronym. I wold suggest that you change the "C" to mean "Coalition". Besides that, it gives you a bigger pool to draw on and is more likely to get people who have different worldviews.
Concur - it is a Global War and would benefit from non-centric, expanded views available from partners. It would also place it above politics in some regards, since everyone is a stakeholder (although some may not realize it yet).

The easiest would be for operations in the Horn of Africa.
How about we consider a task organization for this AOR? Africa is something Stan and Tom know allot about. It offers up tribal/clan type challenges. It has plenty of agricultural, educational, diplomatic (includes the potential challenges posed by other players), medical, security, governmental, economic/buisness, cultural, logistics and the list goes on kind of challenges. It looks like AFRICOM will happen, and it looks like it will be increasingly important as the future progesses.