Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Hang on.

The GUY gets in trouble, too?
Yup - "it takes two to tango", so damn straight the guy should get in trouble as well.

How do you prove he is the father? Her word? He might just be the least bad choice among many.
I don't know how MG Cucolo is determining that, however it is a pretty darn simple proceedure using an amniocentisis DNA test.

Will sex happen? Sure - hey it happened in the British navy in the 17th & 18th centuries and there weren't any women serving there! Of course it will happen, this directive is just designed to make people think about the potential effects of it.

I am surprised how much traffic this subject generates. Everyone, male and female, serving in any branch knows it is a bad idea, and probably against regs, to start a pregnancy and that doing so will get you a discharge. Probably an admin sep.
The scary thing is that that really doesn't matter "in the heat" (as it were ). All too many people in North America just don't equate sex with pregnancy (take a look at the surveys of early teens if you don't believe me). Certainly from what the General just posted, this is about consequences of actions and not "morality" per se.

This is what a General is forced to deal with? Loss of combat readiness... through unexpected pregnancy?? I don't envy him.
Neither do I ! It will, unfortunately, get worse.....