Quote Originally Posted by 82redleg View Post
Currently in CGSC 10-01.
THere is a set cirriculum, but the last third of the course is 2 elective periods- you must take a regional, and there are some other particular requirements possible, depending on your branch.
3. Is a language offered/required?
Yes. You can take any language in the Rosetta Stone series, and there are programs from DLI for Iraqi Arabic and Dari. Both count for elective credit
4. Are there any TDYs/trips to the field?
Yes, there are several exchanges (Canada, UK, Germany, France, Australia, off the top of my head) and at least 2 staff rides (Gettysburg and the Indian Wars), but they are all optional- elective credit. You have to apply for the exchanges, and sign up for the staff rides.
82redleg -

What are the electives like? Are the languages individual study, or is there a classroom portion too?

How long are the exchanges? I've heard about the staff rides here on SWJ, they sound like a pretty cool way to experience some important history.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
I believe that the basics have been covered. I would only add a sense of expectation management.
John-

What do you mean by this? Is it more/less/about what you expected? If it is like most AF courses, the basics of what you get out of it are OK, but you have to go a little farther than that to get much more.

Thanks to all for the answers!

V/R,

Cliff