ROE perhaps will become more flexible with Pretereus in charge. I make reference to a Post by M. Yon in his blog recently about some apartment buildings that insurgents/terrorists are repeatedly using as a base of operations. I asked myself why they were still standing, much like a strong bunker on high ground with the only goal being to repeatedly chase the occupants out each time they return. Since our civilian population is really not feeling much fear of our enemies 'out there and over there' , it is impossible for them to make any kind of connections to the reality of fact that civilians are the insurgents prime assets for support and protection. In other words, in the minds of our civilians and their perceptions of engagement and tactical necessity, it is better to allow insurgents the use of a structure than to prevent some Iraqi family the use of it by destroying it, despite the fact said Iraqis may well be coereced into said arrangement with insurgent forces. Civilian perception and opinion polls should have no bearing on ROE but this is indeed happening. Can and will Pretereus break the mold? Mr. Pretereus, bring down those huts.