So another point to this ....

If terrorist{Bob, Ted, Joe, Stan} we will then assume "Bob Johnson", "Bob Smith", etc. are terrorists. Same for Ted, Joe, Stan.... Because we filter at the "Bob Johnson" level doesn't fix the issue because there are N(Bob Johnson)s in the world where N= A really big number. So if you now spend your time vetting "Bob Johnson" you are not looking for the one "Bob Johnson" that is really a terrorist.

So you want to look for the specific terrorist. The edge cases are specifically important. You know that if "John Doe" is a wanted terrorist and he is described as (5'10", 185lbs, Dark Hair, living in Italy) that the (6', 300lb, blond) is likely not the guy in front of you. In fact you can coordinate between other elements and build a matrix that excludes beyond name many of the people with even close attributes.

So we want the edge cases. Those that are close to the boundary (exclude, include) in our target identification. Once we have those attributes we can then use all that stupid computing power to quickly iterate through records. If we hit a case of include (as a threat) then we do so and have a human look at it. Most of the kind of data is already available but we have a tendency to not trust it. No matter what my drivers license says I'm sadly not 200lbs. People lie. A bunch.

So, we can look for secondary and tertiary mechanisms of available data to collaborate outside the control of the individual. Facial recognition and other biometrics are only as good as the databases they are found in. Numbers and values in databases are also subject to variable veracity in values. Using our semantical construct though that data can be softened and again the edge and outlier cases identified.

Now don't be fooled we're talking a lot of processing power. Not nearly as much as one google search for the 1967 World Series MVP batting average in his high school junior year. Once you know the right terms (iterative search) getting the answer is either impossible (edge case) or you don't get the answer (include) or you do get the answer (include/exclude). That is the principle of fuzzy logic that get's you to the least amount of human interaction required. It also stops the terrorist before they get to the airport.

I guess I need more coffee.