Trying to keep up with you guys is becoming ever more difficult. Although I think I have been able to track with the majority of the conversation i have one ?

IF your looking at "swarming" in relation to war is it too much of an oversimplification to start back at square one and look for examples of swarming in other arenas first to get perspective?

I think someone else mentioned biological examples so for me that automatically brought to mind animals(Bees)(Bats) and cells(reproduction/viruses,etc)

In the former Why is it that bees however small can take down a much more robust opponent is it because even though they be outmatched in capability they out number the target. In this case doesn't the swarming relate more to the fact that no one attacks at one place at one time, but that they may repeatedly attack the same place many times. Just depends on time and space available.

One more example brought to mind was water. Why is it that something that takes a very specialized tool to breakdown(earth,rocks.etc) can be worn down by water in such fashion as it is. Is it not that the water flows to such space as it is afforded and never ceases to seek new paths . Isn't this another type of swarming.

Long and short
Is it too "simplistic" to say that the key strength in swarming might be found in its ability to recognize and act on any vacuum afforded in a given path