And I'm not looking for a scuffle either, but let's face it, if we are laying blame on parochialism at the foot of the Corps based on a single article, then that isn't a good approach to look at an issue.

I find the "reported" insistence of the USMC elements regarding log and air support to be fundamentally a step backwards... and if the caveat's are correct as reported - I find that approach service - parochial
Frankly, the reason why we detest cherry-picking so much is that we tend to be worlds apart in mindset, operating concept, and focus, than our Army brethren, joint or not. It isn't a slight against the Army, it is a simple fact that we do things vastly differently at times, and thus seeing infantry battalions working under a separate command that is NOT Marine is not palatable at all.

There has been precedence where USMC battalions have worked for a BCT or two, but that BCT worked for a MEF, and so the command relationship was not so vastly different when you sat back and looked at things.

I agree that nothing good can come from debating the USMC-USA head-butting realities, but I just felt strongly that there are typically reasons rooted in history, previous command relationship scuffles, and yes, that always sore thumb of CAS apportionment/allocation, for our parochialism.