Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
The question remains; how did she get this position? I'm very sure she is very smart and good at what she does. However, the "world islamofication" map and her associated speech however is certainly unmeasured and certainly not in Americas best interests by any stretch of the imagination, as recent events surrounding settlements in East Jerusalem and comments by Gen. Petreaus have indicated.
Well smart and good at what she does would seem grounds for qualification. As for the rest she's just pumping her political schtick, just as Gen. Petreaus is. Personally I think they are both wrong.
I fail to understand her qualifications having anything to do with cyberwarfare, and I speak as someone who drifted into the field of information technology without a computer engineering qualification, and I have the scars to prove it. I've given powerpoint presentations about "seamless integration of technology to produce a magic customer experience" myself. I smell the same paradigms in that presentation.
I concur. So what? How did Excum, Kilcullen and Nagl, end up as COIN experts? Dave is actually a very smart guy and excellent infantry officer, but when I knew him, there was no inkling if the COIN stuff.

Personally, I do not really care about qualifications. I read what they write and listen to what they say.

IDF service: Most/All smart Israelis have military backgrounds. What did she do in the Air Force? She may well have only got to Major in her Reserve Service. She may have been a logistician. So what? Are you saying she is a Spy?
I know quite a few former Israeli Officers in big US defence companies working on everything from armour to space-based EW.