Quote Originally Posted by AusPTE View Post
The way warfare is waged is certainly changing and key to discussions on modern warfare (I find myself in agreement with Hammes on this) is the rise of the non-state actor as a result of globalisation and expanding networks of communication.
War cannot change and warfare does not change quickly or in ways we cannot comprehend. Almost nothing seen in warfare today is really new.
On the issue of the rise of non-state actors, I'm wondering how far along this phenomenon is going to develop. Are we going to see states completely usurped from their position of primacy in the international system? Will they continue to have a monopoly over violence? Is conflict going to continue to de-centralise wherein mankind returns to pre-Westphalian conflicts of multiple warring gangs and factions?
So you think there is something to 4GW. I think 4GW is without evidence and poorly reasons. I know TX and we have agreed to disagree.
Combine this with increased climate and resource pressures.
Wars are created by politics. Nothing else. No climate, not religion or globalisation. Clausewitz explains it all very well. Nothing about War has changed in 3,000 years.