Walrus,

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
I note that she has also taken care that her children were born in Israel.
Is this assertion really fair? My immediate assumption would be that they were born in Israel prior to her coming to the US. Is there any evidence otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
Dr. Kass by definition as a dual citizen must face these conflicts of interests in her work, and no amount of mental gymnastics can make them go away.

Needless to say, it is not in Americas interests that a highly placed adviser should have such conflicts, nor is it fair to the advisor, to not have such conflicts of interest openly declared and discussed, and steps taken to address the obvious risk to both parties. In the case of Dr. Kass, I fail to see how ths matter can be addressed. If she was advising about South America, maybe, but the Middle East?
But one of her roles is as an adviser on cyberwar, on leave from the US War College. I don't see where her Israeli experience has a bearing on suitability in this regard.

Presumably, her expertise on the Middle East stems, at least in part, from her experience with the Israeli armed forces. If any bias or prejudice is understood up front, I don't see what the problem is.