Thread: GWOT Threat - Simple or Complex?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Former Member George L. Singleton's Avatar

Default The truth is simple, not complex, your problem to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Odom View Post
    George and 120,

I disagree with both of you. Both of you are trapped in the dillemma of what was the objective of the war. 120, general officers I respect still debate the "hard versus soft approach"; the very debate is tied to the lack of a clear objective for the war.

George,

Simple slogans like all Muslims are liars are essentially worse than useless because they obviate the need for any thinking. As for Baath=Nazism, that is equally simplistic and that very vein of simplistic thinking led Bremer to make simply stupid decisions: disband the Army, purge all Baath.

I would question the statement All Baathists Hate All Jews, especially the statement before Israel became an independent country.

As for service in the Waffen SS or Wehrmacht; that itself is a long list. The Free Officer Movements in the Middle East--Iraq, Syria, Egypt--were more anti-British or anti-French than pro-Nazi. As for contamination by association, consider that Raziel one of the 2 founders of the Stern Gang actually went so far as to initiate contact with the Nazis in the fight to kick the Brits out of Palestine.

Best

Tom
    Tom:

Thanks for your views.

However, the truth is simple, whereas some folks (you?) want or wish to create complex problems to have complex answers. It is very simple, in large part, due to the huge number of uneducated people there. There is no changing these facts.

As for the Nazi stuff, only because the Peshawar FRONTIER POST for their and my security reasons does not archive letters to the editor of the FP do you not have in front of you dozens of letters radical, pro-Nazi/Hitler Pakistani Muslims in Pakistan and now living in Europe (Germany and Holland in particular) wherein they want the European nations to repeal hate laws passed after WW II which forbid anti-Semitism, open praise and adoration of Nazisms and Hitler, etc.

Those folks, and I mean college educated in Pakistan colleges, in European colleges, and some in US colleges, are unrepentant anti-semites and Jew haters and Nazi lovers.

If you want, but ONLY if this web site for broad view has an e-mail address I can scan a few of my letters of reply to pro-Hitler/Nazi in Pakistan and in Europe, which ran in 2006 in the Peshawar FRONTIER POST so you can read the hate and awful feelings of pro-Nazi Muslims still today...not just Baathists who are severely pro-Nazi in Iraq, but in Pakistan, Afghanistan, the former USSR three "stans", all over Europe.

Cheers,
    George Singleton
    Last edited by George L. Singleton; 02-08-2007 at 02:29 PM.