Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw 7 View Post
NOTE: Whether you call these developments 4GW on steroids or the start of a 5th generation, it just doesn't matter. Whichever way you cut it, things are developing quickly and in the wrong direction.

Think about it--are we not already seeing this development? Definitely does not fit the COIN or social network analysis models.
Sorry, this is - with respect - rubbish.

War is not changing. Warfare is not changing as fast as you think or in any way we cannot comprehend. All the things cited are basically without evidence.
• Systems disruption. A method of sabotage that goes beyond the simple destruction of physical infrastructure. This method of warfare, which can burst onto the scene as a black swan, uses network dynamics (a new form of leveraged maneuver) to undermine and reorder global systems. It is through this Schumpeterian "creative destruction" that new environments favorable to opposition forces are built (often due to a descent into primary loyalties and pressure from global markets).
What does this actually mean, in plain English? Please give me a specific example.

The question I constantly pose to the 4GW crowd (and have done to both Lind and Hammes when I met them) is "What is it you guys don't get? Why are you confused?"

Sorry by anyone buying into 4/5GW just seems not to understand the basics.