Thread: What tribal societies can tell us about justice and liberty

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Truth ....

What Dayuhan and Wilf said. And, what I tell clients - the facts (truth) are what the judge or jury thinks they are. All I can do is present what I think are the facts (truth to my client and me). Also, I would bet that if all eyewitnesses to any incident are interviewed, there will be at least two different versions.

Now, I'll go along with this:

from RRS
    The only reason why I do investigations is because repeatable and knowable facts exist and they are beautiful and powerful. Such facts are truth in my view. At the very least, they are the closest thing on earth to the Platonic notion of truth.
    but subject to some other principles based on my beliefs concerning the reality in which we live: probabilistic (vs deterministic) outcomes; fuzzy logic and calculus (patterns that are not clear on the edges); chance, chaos and uncertainty principles drive events and what results from events; and some more that I could add with more thought.

Rhonda, I'll look at the legal memo and get back (possibly by PM cuz the focus of this thread should be on the Diamond article and your people's reports, not the law of the case).

Regards

Mike
    Last edited by jmm99; 05-04-2010 at 04:48 PM.