Maphu, your first sentence is a complete lie. I was in the reporting chain for the Jessica Lynch fiasco, (V Corps Maneuver Support Cell OIC) and I know EXACTLY what the "pentagon" told the press, because I told the Public Affairs officer what to write. With the exception of one, highly excitable Medical Corps Captain in Landstuhl, (He's the moron who started the "wounded" and "raped" story) the entire position of Jessica Lynch by the military was: We have no new information and do not know the status of the 507th Maintenance Company ambush. The "press" basically made up the Jessica Lynch story while interviewing each other and playing a tragic, high-tech game of "telephone". In the end, Lynch got exactly what every other member of the 507th got, a Bronze Star, Purple Heart and POW medal. Despite the hyped-up, made-up media crap.

Pat Tillman was the result of "individuals on the ground" either trying to lessen their culpability in a mistake, or attempting to protect the family from knowing the "gory details" of how he died. Unfortunately, certain political activists have talked the Tillman's and the soft-headed folks like you into believing there is some "greater conspiracy" involved.

I accept you are not a military professional, but isn't it possible, in between reading and believing conspiracy theories you could consider that military operations are conducted by fallible human beings who make mistakes that are misinterpreted by an equally faulty media? That Bush & Co. are NOT omniscient puppet-masters who make airliners disappear?

I've read all your posts so far and hope you decide to pull in the invective, and/or read for a while. This isn't what SWC is about.