Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Additionally, an interesting intro to what should be a great story. We flew in and out of FOB Warhorse all the time, though Baqubah had settled down considerably by the time I got there. (We used to take BG Nixon, the ADC-O for 25th ID to Warhorse all the time. It was worth it for the DFAC)

That's one thing ground troops love about the UH-60. The OH-58, AH-64 and UAVs have sophisticated cameras, but NOTHING equals letting leaders see the terrain with their own two eyes out the large cargo doors of a UH-60, particularly when you go "doors-open" in the summertime.
Thanks Starbuck.

I guess that I should expand on your comments. Riding in the Pave Lowe and Chinook was similar to riding in the back of a Bradley. You might as well close your eyes until the ride is over. I'm assuming the Osprey is the same.

If I were king for a day, doors open and seats out would be the norm. Particularly if we're talking reconnaissance. On a similar note, as you question what the pilots should do on your blog, it's simple. Do the reverse of us and get on the ground and see what's going on.