Thread: Targeting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Very good paper on Targeting with SBW. Appears the Army has been doing EBO all along

http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute....cfm?pubID=938

The State of Partachia, at the eastern end of the Mediterranean

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    Very good paper on Targeting with SBW. Appears the Army has been doing EBO all along

http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute....cfm?pubID=938
    Key Leader Engagements (KLE) ? Something the Brits have were doing in Northern Ireland for 30 years.

If you read history you save a lot time.
    Infinity Journal "I don't care if this works in practice. I want to see it work in theory!"

- The job of the British Army out here is to kill or capture Communist Terrorists in Malaya.
    - If we can double the ratio of kills per contact, we will soon put an end to the shooting in Malaya.
    Sir Gerald Templer, foreword to the "Conduct of Anti-Terrorist Operations in Malaya," 1958 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
    Key Leader Engagements (KLE) ? Something the Brits have were doing in Northern Ireland for 30 years.

If you read history you save a lot time.

Close Wilf, it is the Air Policing Strategy applied from the ground. Which I am a strong advocate of. Much to do was made about the Air Policing Strategy because of bombing villages......very little was made of the fact that an Air Force Intelligence officer went to the village elder first! and told them what would happen if they did not comply. They also went back afterwords to see if they had changed their mind, and when they did good things followed.
    Bullets and Bribes can be very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    Close Wilf, it is the Air Policing Strategy applied from the ground. Which I am a strong advocate of. Much to do was made about the Air Policing Strategy because of bombing villages......very little was made of the fact that an Air Force Intelligence officer went to the village elder first! and told them what would happen if they did not comply. They also went back afterwords to see if they had changed their mind, and when they did good things followed. Bullets and Bribes can be very effective.
    Emphasis added.

Too true. I think of that as common sense, but then I realize that I learned it through the trial and error of experience. Carrot and stick, coerce, influence, and negotiate.

Great article Slap. The author is one of my big-brained classmates. She was picked up as part of Patraeus' Dream Team in Iraq.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Emphasis added.

Too true. I think of that as common sense, but then I realize that I learned it through the trial and error of experience. Carrot and stick, coerce, influence, and negotiate.

Great article Slap. The author is one of my big-brained classmates. She was picked up as part of Patraeus' Dream Team in Iraq.

Mike
    Hope after all, there is a thread on here somewhere from a few years ago where I recommended doing that based upon what Warden taught on how to target leaders inside companies with the 5 rings method and then influence them. It is called triangulation.

Default SWJ The Targeting Process: D3A and F3EAD

There is a live exchange on SWJ entitled 'The Targeting Process: D3A and F3EAD', which IMO should be linked, if only as Slapout is in his element and this thread has his earlier contributions.

SWJ Link:http://smallwarsjournal.com/blog/201...a-and/#c022455
    davidbfpo

Default Like I Said Strategy Is Targeting!

And somebody is doing a pretty good job against Iran on this one...of course we don't know who is doing this

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news...r-against-iran