Thread: Finished!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Ken, I've got a lot to say about this, but I'm not going to do it in this thread. I'll organize an essay on the subject with appropriate reference data and post it when its ready in the appropriate forum.

I will, however, comment on this statement of yours:
    I obviously can't answer for Steve but my solution to your question would be to buy the book and read it before critiquing it or patronizing the author (IMO, of course), even indirectly.
    Ken, did you see my first post? (quoted below)

Very impressive, Steve. I read both the Preface and the Conclusion, and while you covered a lot of ground, it wasn't clear to me whether you addressed the rise of Islamic extremism as an aftermath of our invasion of Iraq. It seems to me that even after Iraq stabilizes, the Long War will continue against Jihadists whose numbers and resolve have both increased since 2003, thanks to U.S. actions in the ME. Shouldn't that be a factor in the evolution of American Strategy?
    Personally, I don't see anything disrespectful or patronizing about what I wrote, nor did I write a critique. I asked a question because I didn't see this issue covered in either the Preface or the Conclusion, which is all I had available to read.

Default I apologize for using the word critique, laziness on

my part and not precisely what I meant
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
    . . .
    I will, however, comment on this statement of yours:

Ken, did you see my first post? (quoted below)

Personally, I don't see anything disrespectful or patronizing about what I wrote, nor did I write a critique. I asked a question because I didn't see this issue covered in either the Preface or the Conclusion, which is all I had available to read.
    Yes, I saw it. Patronizing is, I guess, in the eye of the beholder. IMO the question was mildly so and your 0001 comment to me was more so and that may have triggered my use of the word. YMMV. Agree none of this needs to be on this thread.