Quote Originally Posted by Firn View Post
I shifted in the last quarter increasingly from bonds into stocks after considerable thought, aided by Graham. The yield of those German enterprises is around 2%, while the dividends of them should be a tad over 4%. At least the Euro Stoxx 50 pay out roughly 50% of their earnings out to the shareholder so they should earn roughly between 8-9% on the invested capital. Of course it is difficult to know the true owner's earning or the respective ROIC, the return on the owners invested capital.
Firn,

Keeping mind that i am only a small beer retail guy (I track and work in a small 'universe' of stocks with small amounts of money that is 'disposable'), went from investing (~3-5 year horizon) to tactical trading (~2% profit/loss on principle risked) in January with a small portfolio. Booked a years worth of profits in Feb.

Today's a bloodbath in the Euro financial sector's exposed to Greece, FDI into the Euro industrials (and the 'promised' delivery of future dividends) is not happy, and the euro is down.

Massive amounts of risk and uncertainty out there as we close in on the 8th of March (Athens threat to bond holdouts, By Richard Milne and David Oakley, Last updated: March 6, 2012 5:40 pm, Financial Times, www.ft.com)

Sell when the angels sing, buy when the blood runs in the streets?