Thread: "Adopt a Marine"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Love the Adopt a Sniper program...

This is a totally different focus but the "Adopt a Sniper" program is no joke and it REALLY helps.

We had a team leader in my platoon who wrote to them and they sent so MUCH gear to him (had to be upwards of $500-1000 worth of kit, two HUGE boxes).... if I remember right all of the optics and cleaning kits came right before Al Fajr and the rest came after... I still have a ton of my gear (hell I had to pay for most of it... I should get to keep it) and a few of the items I still use came from them!

If you are considering whether or not this is a good thing or not, let me tell you they helped us considerably and really seem to be dialed in on what the troops need. I don't remember the specifics and have not looked at the link yet, (headed to class) but if someone is trying to OBTAIN gear from this program they need to either be an 8541, or the equivalent thereof, OR know someone who is and is willing to write. We had two 8541's and were able to get enough kit to spread between the four team leaders (and then on down to the four teams - everyone got something!)

NOT a BAD deal.
    Last edited by Ender; 04-06-2007 at 02:23 PM.