Am I biased?

I'm staunchly against any regime that's terrorising its population. But especially against one that has caused the death of 400,000 people and forced 10 million of others to become homeless refugees, that's purposedly destroying most of Syrian cities, regularly using chemical weapons, and then depending on two major (and several minor) terrorist organizations for own survival.

If that's making me 'biased', oh my dear Sir: yes, I am.
I hear you, and this is understandable. You need to understand that America rode in on their white horse with their white hats on with the best intentions for Iraq and Afghanistan, and have little to show for our effort. In some ways we're a wounded country and hesitant to throw our hat in the ring again unless we can anticipate a better outcome for our sacrifice, and we did sacrifice.

On the contrary, the end of your post is leaving me not a little bit bamboozled: precisely what kind of 'US interests' here are then 'not align' with mine?
Crowbat, I attempt to project a possibly hidden logic in Obama's strategy. That doesn't mean that logic actually exists, but I simply offer it as an alternative view. Maybe he thinking this or that. Frankly, I have no longer have any idea what our national goals are now in Syria, Iraq, or Afghanistan. I hear one thing, yet the visible strategy doesn't support the what I hear, so I hope as a citizen that there is an invisible part that I don't see that makes sense. That is a real possibility, but my confidence level is much lower than it has been in the recent past.

Would you like to say the US is now curious to ignore regimes doing all of what I listed?
Based on comments above, I think the U.S. is temporarily out of the regime change game. However, if the people rise up against their oppressive government, a U.S. State Department rep will get on twitter and tell them that America supports them. Hope they don't take that too seriously and actually start a war in hopes we will actually help.

- That with 'Syrian People's Army' would be the gem - even more so because half the 'people' in question either do not speak Arabic with Syrian accent, or do not speak any Arabic at all.
No surprise, the Syrian Army now only protects the regime and the Alawite minority. I would hate to be an Alawite in Syria now, especially if I had a family, knowing the curtain will eventually close. Just like Kaddafi, Assad must rely on foreign soldiers or mercenaries. That generally indicates the end game is in sight.

Cheers