Quote Originally Posted by Schmedlap View Post
Two questions about selecting references...

1) Is there any significance attached to who the reference is? For example, in regard to one of my narratives, I think a former peer (now a CPT) can speak more specifically to the narrative than could a former commander (now a LTC). Will the folks attach any significance to rank? Or are they simply looking to verify the facts of the narrative and nothing more?

2) I could use one reference for 3 out of the 5 narratives. Is there a preference for more references? Or, again, are they just looking to verify the facts in my narratives? I'm thinking that if I only use 2 references then it looks like I can't find 5 people to vouch for me. All 5 individuals whom I have in mind will talk a good game. But the select 2 individuals whom I have in mind would talk a better game. Does it matter?

Two questions about selecting a response...

1) One of the questions pertains to interaction with people from another racial/ethnic/religious background. I've had a lot of interaction with locals in Iraq. I've also had a lot of meetings with ISF leaders. Would interactions with locals versus interactions with elites play better or worse? I think the interactions with locals better convey my ability to bridge cultural divides, but I think my interactions with elites (ISF officers and tribal sheiks) better convey my ability to actually get something accomplished in that setting. Is there a preference?

2) Obviously my experiences in the military will weigh heavily in my responses. For one of the five responses, I think that I could include something from graduate school. Should I do that simply to show that I've done something other than the Army? Or do they care?
I thought you were coming back on active duty?