Thread: Iraq: Out of the desert into Mosul (closed)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My concern is the perception that say talks we will be having with Iran concerning ISIS which is Sunni will promote even more violence if Hellfires start raining down fired by the US---and the sharing of ISR with a country that still declares the US Satan and wants us out of the ME and strengthens them as a regional hegemon--what do we get out of it?

The current Iranian leader might be viewed as a moderate but he still does not have control over the hard right wing conservatives in government, the military and the universities and they really do not want us in the ME.

So really in the end what do the talks get for us the US when even our key ally the KSA will go ballistic on the idea that the US is firing missiles at Sunni's regardless of political leanings--center, left, right meaning secular, Salafist and or Takfirist
    I think this hits the matter on the head. There will be no solution to the current situation in Iraq and Syria that does not address the Sunni/Shi'a proxy civil war being waged by Saudi Arabia and Iran. Any potential U.S. action in Iraq must be assessed in this light.
    Last edited by Yadernye; 06-17-2014 at 01:58 PM.