Thread: The Brothers: Foster and Allen Dulles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This will probably go in my eldest's stack of reading gifts this year, as she's trying to execute a Int. Relations track in university. The professors tend to do a fair job of describing what the Dulles brothers did, but rarely have time to go deep enough to get to the unsettling "hows" and "whys".

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
    This will probably go in my eldest's stack of reading gifts this year, as she's trying to execute a Int. Relations track in university. The professors tend to do a fair job of describing what the Dulles brothers did, but rarely have time to go deep enough to get to the unsettling "hows" and "whys".
    If I understand your statement I have to disagree, while this obviously wasn't a how to book , it went in sufficient detail for me to understand their strategies for destabilizing and replacing the targeted regimes. As to the why, the book focused on the why at length.

I was using professors in the larger sense of academics who are usually found teaching 200 level US foreign policy courses. Not the author(s).