Thread: Good Police Work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Good Police Work

Nice Las Vegas PD Takedown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FSG5I6fL_Q

"Take your hands out of your pockets and step to the police car...."

---> Key phrase "You are making me nervous"...

I've told you "Take your hands...."

Do not resist.

Do not resists or you're going to get the Taser...

TOUCHDOWN!!!! You're right good police work. Though the "Amped" up comment could suggest he already had decided to whack on the guy, and the police officer that was already there should have been contact rather than the guy rolling up second (who should have been cover).
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Hi selil, I didn't really try to analyze it that much I just thought it was a cool takedown. Your analysis of the overall situation is probably correct.

PS. I really like your post on another thread about writing the guy a ticket over the dog barking incident.

It's been a long time since I worked on the street, but I had fun when I did. I never took myself or the job to seriously. When I worked inside the Jail and in the Courts I figured out I liked being inside where it is warm and it didn't rain.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Cool Takedown!

That is much better than a leg sweep because it is much more of a shocking surprise.

I am not sure we could have gotten away with that though because it looks a lot like a blow to the throat.

Default Questionable?

What would have happened if the white male's head had hit the pavement and split open? The way that move works it is dangerous and appears to rely on the victim naturally keeping the head off the floor. If their co-ordination is reduced by drink or drugs - messy.

davidbfpo

Looked a lot like this.

Do you smell what I'm cookin'?
    Example is better than precept.

Rotflmao...
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog

There should be a "sportscenter" for cops and that would definitely make it on the highlights!! The guy had his chance... Guns and badges tend to put me in obey mode.
    -john bellflower

Rule of Law in Afghanistan

"You must, therefore know that there are two means of fighting: one according to the laws, the other with force; the first way is proper to man, the second to beasts; but because the first, in many cases, is not sufficient, it becomes necessary to have recourse to the second." -- Niccolo Machiavelli (from The Prince)

Quote Originally Posted by LawVol View Post
    There should be a "sportscenter" for cops and that would definitely make it on the highlights!! The guy had his chance... Guns and badges tend to put me in obey mode.
    If it was on NFL Prime Time, he definately would have made Tom Jackson's "Jacked Up"
    Example is better than precept.

Default More Good Police Work