SMALL WARS COUNCIL
Go Back   Small Wars Council > Small Wars Participants & Stakeholders > Military - Other

Military - Other Echelons away from the trigger pullers, from operational art and theater logistics to service combat development to just plain FOBbits.

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012   #21
Fuchs
Council Member

Some air forces enforce a 12-hour or similar break between long combat missions. That's supposedly enough to deal with go-pills' side effects..
Old 06-13-2012   #22
Uboat509
Council Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayuhan View Post
Just out of curiosity... do armies that issue amphetamines for use in combat make any provision for the post-rush physical and mental crash? It does inevitably come, and the longer and higher you stay up, the harder you fall. The thought of a bunch of armed men in the throes of a major post-speed hard landing is... interesting, to say the least.
This is why the Army does not sanction the use of potent amphetamines. I do know guys who are prescribed Adderal for ADHD which is an amphetamine but the thereputic dose for Adderal is much lower than the doses you would use for performance enhancement.

Terry Pratchett
Old 06-13-2012   #23
ganulv
Council Member

Default I’m not a doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uboat509 View Post
This is why the Army does not sanction the use of potent amphetamines. I do know guys who are prescribed Adderal for ADHD which is an amphetamine but the thereputic dose for Adderal is much lower than the doses you would use for performance enhancement.
but that sounds like a ridiculous amount of amphetamine to me. It’s a double shot of espresso vs. an extra-large shot in the dark made with three double shots of espresso. Judicious use of amphetamines can put someone at the fabled 110%, but if you try to dose to get to 150% you’re going to end up with someone who is less good than the guy who took none at all!