Thread: The Importance and Role of Training in Creating/Sustaining the Best Possible Forces

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pause for thought

I've been reading this thread as it has evolved and have no military experience. Sometimes the abbreviations elude me, but that aside it has been a great read. Nice to know the US military do see somethings the Commonwealth / British armies do well and can learn from. Perhaps we can get our Indian members to add their views, not only from their international experience, but the low intensity wars they have had and still have.

davidbfpo

Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
    I've been reading this thread as it has evolved and have no military experience. Sometimes the abbreviations elude me, but that aside it has been a great read. Nice to know the US military do see somethings the Commonwealth / British armies do well and can learn from. Perhaps we can get our Indian members to add their views, not only from their international experience, but the low intensity wars they have had and still have.

davidbfpo
    The Three Letter Acronym (TLA) soup is hilarious. What you need to do is write down all the BCT, TFF, LCS, SWC, DOS, BN, etc... on a card with a grid 5x5.. When you hit five across, on the diagonal, up-down shout bingo and take a drink of Scotch. It makes TLA's a lot more fun to read without a translator.

We have a few different countries represented but they aren't posting as much. It is interesting to read the different accounts of actions. I'd be interested in hearing more about Sri Lanka, and any of the Malaysian conflicts.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.