Thread: Ukraine (closed; covers till August 2014)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
    Mirhond,

How long do you think people should have lived in an area - such as Crimea - before they can vote in such a referendum?
    I have no idea, too much hidden variables. What's the common practice? Provided that a person has a legal residential status - no less than five years, I believe.
    Last edited by mirhond; 03-17-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Banned

OK, sounds good.

Now should that person be a citizen of that country or can any passport holder from a neighbouring country arrive and vote?

Quote Originally Posted by mirhond View Post
    I have no idea, too much hidden variables. What's the common practice? Provided that a person has a legal residential status - no less than five years, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
    OK, sounds good.
    Now should that person be a citizen of that country or can any passport holder from a neighbouring country arrive and vote?
    Who's passport holder at the first plase in this particular case? Non-resident, tourist, visitor? Or a compatriot who just lives abroad for a long time? Give a narrow definition, please.
    Last edited by mirhond; 03-17-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Council Member

1600 GMT: While Russia is presenting the referendum today as a move to save the region from neo-Nazis, a large number of the ‘independent observers’ spotted monitoring the vote today come from Europe’s extreme right.

A sample of the far right figures here includes:

Bela Kovacs – a Hungarian MEP for the neo-Nazi Jobbik party.

Aymeric Chauprade – a nationalist, pro-Russian political theorist and member of France’s far-right Front National, whose leader, Marine Le Pen has supported Russia’s stance on Ukraine and condemned “extremists” in the Maidan movement.

Frank Creyelman – a Belgian MEP for the far-right Vlaams Belang party (formerly Vlaams Blok).

Ewald Johann Stadler – an MEP in the late Jörg Haider’s Bündnis Zukunft Österreich (Alliance for the Future of Austria).

Luc Michel – active with various neo-nazi groups in Belgium and is a supporter of Eduard Limonov’s National Bolshevik party.

Others include communists or those with nostalgic sympathies for the Soviet Union such as Angourakis and Al-Sabty, or those with extremely close ties to United Russia such as Johan Bäckman. Bäckman is a finish Finnish political activist who has been involved with pro-Russian actions in both Finland and Estonia, including involvement with Nashi activity.

http://www.interpretermag.com/ukrain...eferendum-day/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member

mirhond---if you did not know this common former Communist saying then you were born what after say 1995---even your parents still know it---come on dude---it is still the internal saying for the KGB/MoI riot police today in Moscow in the 21st century

I know you know this old Stalin/KGB saying;
    "One person is a demonstration, Two people a riot and Three people a revolution"

Secondly, you are right if you were born after say 1995 you would have never seen the red arm bans of the soviet auxiliary police who were communist party members.

Cannot fault you for not knowing what you do not know but then again you seen to not be so well informed of what is going on inside of your own country.

Council Member

kaur---the UAV shoot down reports are manufactured KGB/FSB disinformation for several reasons;

The UAV named by the Russian private electronic warfare company Rostec indicated that it was a Hunter UAV which is a larger version of the Shadow which allows for great loiter time---using their own designation the following are questions they did not answer.

1. just what is a Russian private company doing working in the Crimea together with Russian troops
    2. the range of the Hunter is 125 miles and even with a strong tail wind out of Bavaria where they claimed it was launched it would have not even come close to be over the Crimea
    3. the US Army unit mentioned is based in Darmstadt and has no Hunters assigned to it
    4. the Hunter could have been launched by a US Navy ship but there is only one destroy in the immediate area of the Crimea and it carries no Hunters
    5. if this UAV is jammed as Rostec claimed and receives no ground signal it goes into a recovery loiter mode which is pre programed prior to start for another area other than what it is flying over then if jammed it goes into the recover to loiter area mode---if it then runs out of fuel during loiter mode a parachute deploys lowering it to the ground.

So all in all the story has no legs and is a blatant misinformation effort by the KGB/FSB.

Council Member

kaur---you bring up a good point about the observers---many were from EU communist/left parties even out of Germany and a lot were neo rightist/separatists and neo Nazi's WHY would be the question after the Russian FM, the Foreign Ministry, and Putin and the Russian propaganda machine beats up daily on Ukrainian because they are neo radials/right wing Nazi's.

Answer is rather simple but overlooked--they come from parties that are seen as separatists in their own countries thus lending credibility to the separatists in the Crimea----sometime communists and Putin is one never seem to change the color of their beliefs.

If one looks at a circle of violence going from right to left at some point on that circle both cross each other in their desires (to take over the State by discrediting it) and wants then they move on to violence both left and right.

Latitude 17° 5' 11N, Longitude 120° 54' 24E, altitude 1499m. Right where I want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mirhond View Post
    Give a narrow definition, please.
    Citizen: a legally recognized subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalized
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Dayuhan View Post
    Citizen: a legally recognized subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalized
    OK, got it. So, back toJMA question, citizen can vote on referendum, while non-citizen can not.

@OUTLAW 09

mirhond---if you did not know this common former Communist saying then you were born what after say 1995---even your parents still know it---come on dude---it is still the internal saying for the KGB/MoI riot police today in Moscow in the 21st century
    Wishful Thinking Fallacy http://www.fallacyfiles.org/wishthnk.html
    Your claim about my age or knowledge may not NESSESARILY be true just because you believe its true.
    I'am actually 1978 born, but I've never heard that saying. I could even send you a copy of my ID, but it won't change your belief - you already labelled me as "KGB agent". I think it would even reinforce your false belief, because "KGB agent" may have a handful of fake IDs.

Secondly, you are right if you were born after say 1995 you would have never seen the red arm bans of the soviet auxiliary police who were communist party members.
    Cannot fault you for not knowing what you do not know but then again you seen to not be so well informed of what is going on inside of your own country.
    So tell me, O, Well-Informed user, what is a soviet auxiliary police with red armbands, whom I've never seen in my childhood? And provide a link, please. May be you mean "druzhinniki" volunteers? Well, yes, those guys did wear red armbands. But I fail to see how are those long-extinct species from distant past connected with modern Ukrainian Sturmabteilug which has a easily distinctive black and red armbands with "правий сектор" insignia?

mirhond---now tell me the former KGB/Putin does not "rule" Russia and Putin does not have a KGB "history" and do not tell me his inner circle is not KGB.
    Well, that's just another rethological fallacy, though I'am not sure of what kind. You really think I would state the outright and blatant lie so that you'll vigorously attack and dismiss it? I'am a KGB agent, after all, you can't expect I'd do such a stupid thing ^_^
    Last edited by mirhond; 03-17-2014 at 01:40 PM.