Gee, you think Egypt would have taken the Sinai without cash payment? Shocking!
Based upon your website, I am ASSuming that your livelyhood depends upon the facade of a genuine desire for peace on the part of the arab world with Israel.
Maintaining that facade is essential for the PLO (lets not mince words, its still Fatah they talk about today) to continue to receive cash payments.
I would again assume that based upon your experience you at least understand arabic.

I have not seen the the PLO's internal economic projections. I can only assume that they are as full of #### as every other economic projection. I assume they are based upon vast numbers of tourists staying at plush hotels spending obscene amounts of money.
I am sure the decent into civil war or pariah state status and constant battles with the IDF would do nothing to stop that rosey scenario.

What drives the hashemites crazy is of little concern to me. They were able to crush a stateless PLO in 1970. A country of palestinians with their own army would be a more difficult task combined with a population within their own borders. Kingdoms are largely becoming passe even in the middle east. Jordan depends on the west and in today's media age, a Hama or Black September solution is not on the table for Jordan. Arabs hate to be reminded how militarily inept they are. If it wasn't true, they wouldn't be so butt hurt about it.

We come from very different backgrounds, it would appear. You are a professional academian who has built a comfortable lifestyle around the facade that there is a peaceful coexistance possible between the PLO/Hamas and Israel. You certainly have job security, as the status quo hasn't changed in 30 years and has no reason to change in the next 30.
I am a professional soldier. I deal with facts. The fact is the arabs deal with israel when they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And even then, they generally don't. the festering sore of the refugees is of huge benefit to the arab world and the so called palistinian leadership. They could have had a state of their own at any time. They will not compromise because there is greater benefit to quasi-statehood and incessent payments from the EU than actually having responsibility for themselves. They have deliberatly fostered a culture of hate and murder in their UN schools.
If the use of Arab angers you, so be it. Again, facts. Palistinian is as much a legitimate term as Kosovar. The only difference is geographical boundries. Now, you can talk hashemite, circassian, bedouin, druise, aliwis etc as these have historical basis and differences. The difference between a jordanian and a palistinian is what ever the flavor of the day is.
Likewise, when the peaceloving palistinians chant in their peaceloving demonstrations, the don't say, "Death to Israel" as the western press so obligingly translates.
Its Jehud.
Jew.
We have talked around each other quite a bit. Again, you have built a career around excusing the arabs (who you know won't change) and castigating the israelis (who might).
to simply state, "Nope, ain't gonna happen" stops a guilt ridden gravy train in its tracks.
The israeli people have tried. Would you ever think 20 years ago that Ariel Sharon's party would be seen by the majority of Israelis as too accomidating? but they have skin in the game. To follow stupid policies results in wars and death. But that isn't the EU's problem. The EUs jewish problem is solved, now they have a muslim problem to deal with. The zionist apartheid theocracy as the international whipping boy just serves so many useful purposes for so many countries that no one is going to let it go. And blaming it all on the eternal jew can build lucrative bank accounts for those so inclined.