Quote Originally Posted by flagg View Post
My interest lies largely with the back to the wall innovation displayed by Rhodesian forces.

My greatest interest lies in Selous Scouts/Special Branch, SAS, and RLI operations....most specifically with external operations conducted by SAS and Selous Scouts.

There have been some great books out in recent years about the conflict.

A recent couple of titles seem well regarded but VERY hard to come by, such as Pittaway's book series on SAS and Selous Scouts:

http://dandy.co.za/

Unfortunately, out of print.

I'd just about sell my soul if I could find a copy of Pittaway's SAS: The Men Speak and especially Selous Scouts: The Men Speak

Recently read Viscount Down and was quite impressed with the book to go along with Ron Reid Daly's Selous Scouts book and Barbara Cole's The Elite.

Just lined up Dennis Croukamp's Bush War book next and waiting for a book on Rhodesian Special Branch.

I wonder how relevant the paramilitary merge between Selous Scouts and Special Branch is in today's climate and the likely future climate?
Hi Flagg,

Had breakfast with Jonathan Pittaway this morning and sadly there are no immediate plans for additional print runs for his SAS and Selous Scouts books. Keep your eyes out on e-bay.

Don't forget the RLI book (proceeds to the Regimental Association):

Africa's Commandos: The Rhodesian Light Infantry

Other books can be found on facebook group: Rhodesian War Books including fiction.