Quote Originally Posted by AdamG View Post
Good planning on FEMA's part - if NPL's math was off five months ago (when the EAS was first announced), it was ideally positioned to be moved left on the timeline and no longer be an exercise.

See the so?
No so there, no there there IMO. Once again, the sky does not seem to be falling...

That Asteroid was removed from the Sentry Risk Table in April, 2010. That means its orbit and trajectories could be adequately ascertained at that time, over a year before the theorists began to mutter and darkly predict. Yet another conspiracy falls prey to reality.

Having spent 12 years working with (not for, thank the gods) FEMA, I suspect I have far less respect for their prescience and capability than do many. I also believe the FCC, based on recent performance, is incapable of thinking that far ahead. After over three times that many years working for the US government in several capacities, I'm firmly convinced that Hanlon's Razor applies to the government's actions far more often than might conspiracy or deviousness...