GAO -- who would not have a job if they found nothing wrong -- found things wrong. Okay.

Three DoS, One DoD, one USAID and One DOJ type all commented on the wrongs GAO found -- and added couple to show they were concerned. Okay.

A part of the reported problem is failure to adequately equip the ANP. No mention is made of the part played by our ridiculous procurement laws and regulations -- most at the behest of the Congress that is conducting this 'hearing' -- which are almost certainly primarily responsible for that flaw. Okay.

Another part is that the Afghans works on a different timetable and have different mores than we would like. Okay.

Could the excessive bureaucracy herein displayed also play a part in the failure of the ANP to walk on water?

Oh, wait; not too much water there...

We can save money if we store this and release it again a year from now; save the cost of another hearing to discover little real change. Or we could say no such hearing until 2012 and give things a chance to get fixed...

Not to disparage your posting Jedburgh, I appreciate it and your postings. It's just every now and then, my mind really boggles at how utterly ridiculous and overweight we've become. Verily, I have vented...