Quote Originally Posted by marct View Post
Hey Stan,

You know, last week was debating what paper I would write for my current class (I always write one to give them an idea of what the process is like for me). Several happenings in the last 5 days have now fixed the topic: I'm doing an evolutionary (neo-Darwinian) analysis of the construction of professional codes of ethics using the current Anthropology debates as the case study .

A lot of it goes back to many of the discussions we have had here, but I'm trying to get a handle on exactly what processes are operating at the level of the institution. Your translation really highlights why I think it is imperative to get such a model together, and ties in with all sorts of other threads we've talked about (e.g. officer retention, professional military education, etc.).

Anyway, that being said, I have to run off to vote - it's election day in Ontario.

Marc

Marc, sorry. That was a bit selfish of me. I don't want to come off sounding like I understand the moral issues and rules that you folks face. I'm actually perplexed. Having spent many years in Catholic school listening to Bravo Sierra bible studies, coupled with unheard of moral dilemmas, I finally met a priest that said: "Young man, you'll not only meet the devil one day, you'll also figure out what to do and all on your own. You have those morals and you'll decide when they fit and don't. I can't prepare you for that day."

That was probably the best thing I needed to hear. Years later, I would meet and work with Tom

I hope you didn't vote for Oh Mama Bamama (sp?)

Regards, Stan