Quote Originally Posted by Schmedlap View Post
Obviously, yes, but smaller than a trunk full of 155's and easier to conceal given that the camouflage is often part of the finishing process before it gets handed off to the cell that employs it.
Indeed smaller than a trunk full of 6 inch rounds. Why easier to conceal a 10 inch EFP (IED) which has a 'singular directional lethality' (for the most part) than say a 155 projectile under a foot of dirt with not only a blast effect, but also 50% fragmentation to boot ? What camouflage is often part of the package ?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmedlap View Post
I'm neither an Iranian nor a Shia militiaman, so I cannot give the anecdotal evidence. But if the Iranian pays for the materials and manufacturing process of the EFP, and then hands it off to the Shia militia, then, for the Shia militia, the EFP is cheap, since it is given to them. Kind of like if I were a rich kid and daddy bought me a sports car. For me, it would be cheap, since he incurs the expense.
Sorry, wasn't trying to imply you were Iranian or otherwise. My Bad

The last time I read anything that remotely implied Iranian involvement in EFP manufacturing was late 2007 where 'US Officials' barely indicated that the growing body of evidence was based on machine-tooled parts discovered during forensics and post blast. Since I more or less do post blast for a living, I'd have to quote 120mm's recent post about individual abilities. There's no 'body of evidence' to convince us that Iran's machinists are, or were, better than say Iraq's. Banging out (no pun intended) soft materials in one's garage on even a cheap lathe with a washing machine motor is child's play.

On the other hand, scooping or spooning out HE from UXO to be later used in EFP production can be a smiggin delicate (we have several examples of folks that never made it past the Segal-syndrome of cooking or melting HE our of projectiles... Saved the legal system mucho bucks and we just buried the remains